1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

A shout out to Amazon Italy's customer service

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Thomas T, Apr 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Thomas T

Thomas T Producer

On March 1st, I ordered three (legitimate) DVDs from Amazon Italy of anamorphic titles that are only available in the U.S. in either full screen or non anamorphic wide screen. On March 7th, Amazon Italy sent an e-mail that it had been shipped along with a tracking number for USPS I Parcel. But by March 31st, all the tracking number still showed was "waiting for shipment to arrive at facility"! Clearly something was wrong. I contacted Amazon Italy on April 1st with the problem and got an e-mail where they apologized and said they would send a replacements in the fastest method possible at no cost to me. Yesterday on April 4th, I received all three DVDs at my doorstep. Just 3 days from my complaint to arrival all the way from Italy. Now that's customer service! :)

Jack K, Radioman970 and David Weicker like this.
  2. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Interesting -- same thing happened to me about a year ago around the time their were some Postal Strikes
    Several orders went out i-parcel, all but one of them arrived and the other never went past -- package waiting for pickup.
    After about 3-4 weeks of no movement, I contacted them and they re-sent the shipment Priority. It was about 6-8 items if I remember -- some 4K and 3D sets.

I've had 2 I-parcels lost/undelivered -- 1 of 3 from Italy and 1 or 4 from France, but probably 20+ or more from UK without an issue. I almost always bump my UK packages from Standard (commonly Asendia with no tracking) to Global Standard (i-parcel with tracking) and not only do they get tracking, they arrive in 7-10 days instead of 12-28 days. Strange thing for multi-item packages it's often cheaper since I think it's weight based instead of per item charge -- this mainly seems to affect UK packages.

At least for now, Amazon International Customer Service still seems VG to excellent while my experiences with US CSR continues to get worse.

Josh Steinberg, Jack K and Thomas T like this.
  3. Douglas R

Douglas R Cinematographer

Doug
    I find Amazon Italy brilliant. I get items from them to the UK amazingly quickly. On the other hand Amazon France take ages to get to me - that's if they arrive at all!

Thomas T likes this.
  4. Thomas T

Thomas T Producer

Amazon France can be difficult at times. I ordered a blu ray/DVD combo set from them. It arrived sealed but when I opened it, it contained only the DVD and the blu ray slot was empty. I contacted them and they asked I return the "defective" disc and they would issue me a refund. Actually, I wanted a replacement, not a refund but that's the way they wanted it. I returned the disc and it took forever to get a refund. I finally re-ordered the item and it arrived. This time with both the blu ray and DVD in the case.