What's new

A selfish (and helpful?) plea (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
This guy, Vince, who's a regular :) here at the HTF makes awesome cables for the general public. He does it as a hobby and (I think) the prices aren't much more than the raw materials. You can read about his cables at his webite here.

Here's the selfish part. Since it's kind of a hobby for him, it doesn't pay for him to start building cables until he gets a minimum number of orders. I'm on the list to get some component cables built but he hasn't gotten the minimum yet. So, if you're in the market for high-quality, hand made custom cables; check out Vince's website and contact him with an order.

Here's the helpful part. If you email Vince with an order, shoot me an email, too. I'll donate
$1.00 $2.00 ok $3.00 for every confirmed sale in March. I'll trust you guys via your emails. This will be above what I've already donated to the primo Home Theater Forum on the internet.

So, help me get my cables, help the HTF stay alive, help yourself to a set of quality cables. Win, Win, Win.

Ron and Parker, I hope this isn't too self-serving. If it is, lock it without any hard feelings.:)

dougW

Stunt Coordinator
Well, they could also help HTF stay alive by supporting one of the cable sponsors that likely pay more than 1,2, or 3.00 a month per order. After all, our contributions can be continuous on a monthly basis, not for just one month.

I for one think if Vince wants to go into the cable business, he should advertise here like myself and Blue Jeans, and whoever else, regardless of your goodwill gesture to donate to HTF for every purchase by you. At least then it's a level playing field.

I could have said more, but I think that's enough.

Doug
CATCables.com

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
There is no better way to support HTF, apart from having Mark Cuban as a personal benefactor, than by making sure if you buy something from one of the advertisers to use HTF as a click through. There are many fine products at competitive prices with a high degree of customer satisfaction with regards to promptness, pricing, and honesty.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker

Amen to that. And also to let those vendors know that you made your purchase(s) based on their ad here on HTF. Many people will click on a banner and then go back to that vendor later to make a purchase. That vendor doesn't know that you found out about them because of you seeing them listed on this site or that you keep coming back to them because of us with your future purchases. We get no credit for the purchase(s), the vendor thinks little if any business comes to them from us and they stop supporting us.

Jeff. I appreciate your offer and your willingness to support out forum as so many of you have gone out of the way to do. I also appreciate you asking for us to close this thread down.

Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks