What's new

A Robert Harris Bits Extra - Lawrence of Arabia: Superbit (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
jim.vaccaro,
Could that be where the layer change is? I know superbit's use seamless branching to eliminate the layer change.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I hope they reissue a new disc with the Superbit color correction, but with the Intermission on Disc One.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
As I recall reading, the people at Sony along with Robert Harris thought long and hard about where to split the discs, and in the end decided that the higher image quality was worth having the disc change somewhere other than the intermission. Since that was intentional, I'd kinda be surprised if they went back and changed it.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather have the Intermission split where it is supposed to be. Maybe I'll just pick up the original disc.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The original discs make wonderful coasters.

Simple, elegant and shiny, they look right for any occasion.

RAH

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
To be fair, as I mentioned before, the "Archives of Arabia" DVD-ROM supplement is the only DVD-ROM supplement that I've ever wanted to look at twice. It is very cool for fans of the film looking for historical background and production information. I keep the Superbit release near my HT at all times and the original 2-disc release near my computer.

Plus, who wants a coaster with a hole in the middle ruining the finish of their furniture, anyway. :) The single disc movie only release makes a nifty mini-frisbee, though.

Regards,

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
After seeing in this thread that the Superbit was OOP, I saw it was still listed at BestBuy.com and quickly put in an order. It was backordered, and I figured, oh well, eventually they'll just cancel my order, but what the heck.

That was the beginning of August. Late last week, I got an e-mail that it was shipping, and today, it showed up in my mailbox in all its Superbit glory!

Unfortunately it no longer is listed at BestBuy.com.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
To be fair, as I mentioned before, the "Archives of Arabia" DVD-ROM supplement is the only DVD-ROM supplement that I've ever wanted to look at twice. It is very cool for fans of the film looking for historical background and production information. I keep the Superbit release near my HT at all times and the original 2-disc release near my computer.
I completely agree - I do this as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks