What's new

A Reminder To All G4 Patrons (1 Viewer)

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Remember to tune in at 8 PM PST for a special addition of Arena, featuring the Halo National Championship.

The final 16 combatants will duke it out to see who's the real Master Chief, and I'll be watching just to see some of their moves and strategies.

For those of you who don't get the G4 network, I'll update this thread with the results (if someone else doesn't beat me to it).

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Does anyone get this channel? I have DishNetwork and I have heard of this channel. I filled out the request to add it in my area. I'm going to see if I can watch the show off of their website. Is this possible?

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
The winner is..... -HP-Darkman
He's from Manhatten, Kansas (a small town, according to him), and he won by a landslide. Here's what the final round looked like:
8 Players
200% Health
No Shields
50 Kills
Slayer-Pro
Blood Gulch
-HP-Darkman won the semi-final round by using his pistol, and did the same for the final round. His tactic was extremely simple and effective. He didn't bother with going to the middle of the map, getting special items or vehicles; he simply kept a small bit of distance from the spawn points; kept his pistol zoomed in; aimed for the head.
The guy won a 50" RCA Plasma HDTV; a Bose (groan) Lifestyle 3500 Surround System; and an Xbox (like he didn't already have one:)) with 4 controllers, 11 games, and a DVD remote.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, what Graeme said. Getting lots of kills and sweeping the floor is one thing, but if you do it in a cheap way then it is not skill at all. But then again, all video games are about watching and detecting patterns. The winner chose to pick and take advantage of the only pattern that he knew was 100% foolproof...kill them as they spawn.

Its like card counting in Vegas, technically its not illegal, but they'll kick you out if they catch you.

Andre F

Screenwriter
For the record even thought G4 plays the same shows over and over....I love having. Between that and TechTV I don't need to leave the house...

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Graeme, I agree with you. He did have some serious headshot skills though; even with the extra health, he dropped guys with 2-3 shots max. It would have been much more fun if they played in Damnation, Rat Race, or Chill Out.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
He did have some serious headshot skills though; even with the extra health, he dropped guys with 2-3 shots max.
Maybe so, but once you see it a few time, it's not all that exciting anymore. It would have been much cooler if the other guys had decided to gang up on him instead. But I'm sure they just ran around as they always do, and try to shoot anything that moves.

I've watched Quake matches from top players before, and it is rather fun to watch. The way those guys can control a map by knowing exactly when items are going to spawn is quite amazing. Also the way they hardly ever screw up a rocket jump, AND are able to nipe people in the head while running and jumping is also very impressive.

Too bad this final turned out the way it did.

HanLee

Grip
Just the other day I was playing Halo with Rico Lopez. The guy who took second place in the tournament. I was over at his brothers house and he came by to hang out. I must say that I am decent at Halo, but when I was playing with Rico, it was just ridiculous how fast he could kill you with a pistol. Even with 3 v 1 he beat us pretty good. Seeing those guys play on TV and actaully going up against one of them is a totally different story. It was just unbelievable how good he was. And to think the guy who took first won over a 18? or 8? kill margin is something in itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks