What's new

a reminder..FUTURAMA starts 1-12-2003 at 11pm eastern on cartoon network (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
just in case anyone cares it will be on adult swim show on cartoon network.
next week everynite from sun through thursday at 11 pm est.
i think this is the schedule every week.
schedule

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
A video game? Cool, thanks for the link, neither did I know that Cartoon Network picked up the best show on TV (now), that there is a video game coming out?

Neet-o-keen!

Jay

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I found this on the Tivo guide last week, got my season pass set! This is great, because I managed to miss everything after the first season on Fox (every time I tuned in, there seemed to be a delay due to sports).

AndrewD

Stunt Coordinator
From what I've heard, the episodes may 'go to commercial' at different places than when it aired on FOX, but nothing has been edited out to fit in more commercials.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Cartoon Network has been pretty good about airing repeats of shows uncut. That's part of the reason why I'd like RGB and TMNT to wind up there, since they pretty much left shows like Thundercats un-edited(Minus the pilot).

As far as Futurama goes, I stopped watching after Season 2, because I could not stand the constant Sports interuptions. MWC Fans who had to stay up till 11PM or later to see their favorite show will know the frustration of these interuptions.

There should be a rule. If a local team gets eliminated for the season, Sports should be relegated to late night TV, and let the shows take center stage.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
There should be a rule. If a local team gets eliminated for the season, Sports should be relegated to late night TV, and let the shows take center stage.
A rule that would result in less advertising revenue for the network. Thanks, but I'd rather have the network profitable.

Futurama simply should have been given another timeslot. But FOX always wanted to kill it because they don't own the syndication rights for it (like they do for The Simpsons).

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
At the rate Futurama is airng on Fox this season, along with the fact that The Cartoon Network will show it every night, we might see this season's finale on the cable channel first. :D

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
TerryW, I think you're right. :)
Good to see this show again, like I said I haven't been able to keep up with it on Fox. I'm thinking of taping all the episodes and keep them. Or maybe I'll just buy the DVD box sets, might be easier. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
anyone happen to check the actual show run time.

it was over by about 24 minutes after 11.
so i'm wondering if it was edited for commercials.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
No, the commercials are just rearranged. Recall how Fox would go to a commercial break right after the opening title (right after the ship crashes into the big screen with Matt Groening's credit)? On Cartoon Network, they skip the break and go right into the first act. On Cartoon Network there are only two commercial breaks in the whole half hour: about 3 minutes halfway through and then about 5 minutes at the end. As far as I can tell, the whole show is still there.

Cartoon Network sometimes does this for other shows too. I've noticed it before on Batman Beyond.

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator

Actually, Fox never did this for Futurama. They do however go to commercial after the opening titles of The Simpsons.

Futurama would go for 7-10 minutes then break. Come back for the rest of the show then break for the end credits.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I distinctly recall seeing commercials right after the ship smacks into the Matt Groening screen. But my memory could be wrong, because it's been f***ing years since Fox has shown an episode of Futurama!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks