What's new

A refurb'd Onkyo 603 for $219.00? (1 Viewer)

Shawn Satterfield

Auditioning
Real Name
Shawn Satterfield
I'm looking at buying a new receiver. Something solid but reasonably priced. I've been researching the Onkyo 603, Onkyo 674, Pioneer 816, and the Panny 57. I like the 674 but I little more than I am willing to pay. After all of my recearching I have concluded that the Onkyo is favored by most and have decided on the 603. Ecost has a reburfished 603 for $219+sh and tax. I have not been able to see/audition one in person though. Just wanted to get a few opinions on the unit for this price.

Shawn

JohnW

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent deal, indeed.

Last year I bought the previous model (602) at around the same price from ecost. It came in looking brand new other than a "Refurbished" label on the back.

Shawn Satterfield

Auditioning
Real Name
Shawn Satterfield
Well, I ended up with a Pioneer VSX-816-K for $270 with a four year warrenty. This came out to the same at the Onkyo 603 would have with the same warrenty. So far I'm pretty impressed with it. The sound is much clearer and the surrounds are really noticble now where they were only barely noticable before. I think it will take some time to get used to navigating the unit. CC has a 30 return policy so I will, hopefully, be able to decide on wither I will keep it or not. I almost bought an Onkyo504 for $150 there instead.

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks