What's new

Theatrical A Quiet Place: Part II (2020)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Title: A Quiet Place: Part II

Genre: Drama, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: John Krasinski

Cast: Emily Blunt, Cillian Murphy, Brian Tyree Henry, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe

Release: 2020-03-20

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
EMFVKH9U8AAB8jm

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Jeez, release date is not far off. Guess they don’t want the kids to grow too much. I hope the movie can match the quality of the first.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Psyched! Hope it’s as terrific as the first one.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Hopefully they show how they were able to plant all those huge cornfields without using tractors or making any significant noise. :P
For me it’s a measure of how good the movie is, how much it draws me in, is that I don’t care. The movie’s goal is to entertain me by scaring the shit out of me and not make a documentary about an alien invasion. I get you were jesting, but I just think this movies succeeds.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm actually surprised this one got pulled this close to the release date. I figured anything in this month was still going to come out.

Even crazier is that they pulled Fast And The Furious Part 40 already. That's two months away and they already pulled it (until next year!).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm not interested in A Quiet Place personally, but I feel like its moving is symbolic of a larger issue for movie theaters. My 20-screen multiplex is still showing Jojo Rabbit and Ford v. Ferrari from November, and we're well into March. While I am by no means saying that a movie is more important than public health, I do think it's fairly obvious that movie theaters need major new titles to play in order to stay in business because their model relies on people coming out. If these major films keep getting delayed, how long until theaters close for the duration of the outbreak?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
If these major films keep getting delayed, how long until theaters close for the duration of the outbreak?

Probably not long. I don't have a source for this other than 'a friend' but apparently the governor of New Jersey was considering shutting down all theaters in the state.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Probably not long. I don't have a source for this other than 'a friend' but apparently the governor of New Jersey was considering shutting down all theaters in the state.
Only a matter of time.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I live in Montgomery County in PA and they just closed "entertainment venues" (and schools, other public places, etc) for two weeks. I assume that means movie theaters but I could see theater chains being greedy enough to somehow try to argue that they aren't entertainment venues since kids will be off for two weeks.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks