What's new

A Quick Update on Home Theatre No.3 (1 Viewer)

joe goswami

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Goswami
Rebuilt my speaker towers. Removed the modified POLK R10's off the top and refinished the cabinets with solid wood oak flooring tiles (pics coming soon). Built 2 ported forward firing subwoofer cabinets for the Rockford Fosgate subs located in each front corner of the room (also refinished with solid wood maple flooring tiles). My Adcom 555 II now runs full range into the towers which are now 2.5 way ported (out the back). The R10's 5.25's are X'd over at 250Hz, a Peerless 5.25" is LPF'd from 2500Hz on down, and the faithful SEAS tweet's are handling everything from 2.5kHz on up.

The center channel has also been reworked. Its cabinet also covered in oak flooring tiles and uses an old kevlar Audax 5.25" black Kevlar woofer x'd @ 250Hz. Another Audax Aerogel 5.25" is LPF'd from 2500Hz on down, and the faithful SEAS tweet's are handling everything from 2.5kHz on up.

A series crossover I found at http://lcaudio.com/images/Filters/filter2.gif was used in all three front speakers. Still reusing the Solo foil inductors/Solen Poly Caps, and some iron core inductors. The sound is absolutely stunning. I'm sold on the series X'over. Simplicity and good quality parts I guess are key (and some half decent soldering/crimping).

One thing these speakers called to my attention. My Pioneer DV-578A sounds better thru the EXT IN than the COAX digital in on my Denon AVR-1802 especially when watching/listening to DTS concert/music DVD's.

Oops, forgot the new flooring my wife & I put in (thanks Mom as well $$)

joe goswami

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Goswami
I just scrolled to the top of this page. That's a beautiful view of the mountians and tree's in winter but its not my Home Theater. Yes, I do have a forest but not a beautiful view like the one of my "Theater".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonvn
Recent bookmarks