A quick question about input to a tempest

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PeterOS, Aug 24, 2002.

1. PeterOS

PeterOS Extra

My tempest arrived yesterday but am still waiting on my PE plate amp 250 watt from Parts Express. I am dying to try it out right now so is it alright if I hook up my ordinary hifi to the driver. It is 2 X 100watts @ 8 Ohms. If i feed in the LFE channel from my dvd player into the hifi and connect up the speaker terminals to the driver, could it damage it since it is 8 ohms (the plate amp is 4 Ohms).

Also do I connect up one speaker terminal to one of the tempest connectors and the other hifi terminal to the other tempest connector. Or can I feed both channels to one of the tempest connectors.

If you could reply quick I would be delighted since I want to try it out before the parents come home. I have a slight feeling they are going to tell me to get rid off it.

Cheers

2. Brian Fellmeth

Brian Fellmeth Supporting Actor

For the purpose of fireing it up, just hook up one pair of terminals to one channel of the hi fi amp. Make sure you choose the amp output that matches which input (right or left)you plug the LFE singal into. Don't worry about the 4 ohm 8 phm thing. You may be dissapointed in the free air performance. It will be much better when its in its house