a quick and specific question about Enterprise last episode

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by andrew markworthy, Aug 3, 2005.

1. andrew markworthy

This should be an easy question to answer (I hope!).

The last episode of Enterprise has just aired on Brit TV. For weeks we've been treated to trailers for the last show, with clips from it. One of them showed T'Pal in tears and obviously v. upset, which primed us for something going wrong with Trip.

However, come the final show, no scene was shown with T'Pal looking tearful. Instead she was her usual stoic self throughout.

So here's the question - was there a scene of T'Pal crying in the final episode aired in the USA? It's not that I have a fetish about watching Vlucan women cry, it's simply that I wonder if we Brits got a clipped version of the show.

A side question - what the heck is 'Trip' an abbreviation of? Is this a common nickname in the USA?

2. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

From what I remember she did not cry in the US version either. It was pretty weak. Nobody had any emotion at all about his death.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think "Trip" was Charles Tucker, III, so "trip" is short triple (or the Third). I could be wrong, though...

4. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Yeah Trip means 3rd . It was mentioned in the S2 episode about when Archer first met Trip during test flights for the Warp 3 engine. Watched that episode last night

5. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

You're correct about Trip's nickname, Patrick.

As for any editing differences between the U.S. and British telecasts of the episode, I'm thinking not. Fortunately, I was spared the agony of watching the final episode because of my family's move from MS to AL, so I can't comment on the final episode at this time (I will when the S4 DVD comes out later this year).

6. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    I didnt see any tears. Oh, and thank God they didnt get Shatner to play chef! However, the last season was good. Only one worth a DVD purchase for me.

7. David Forbes

David Forbes Supporting Actor

Yes, it sucked.

Oh, wait, you and another question....

8. andrew markworthy

Thanks for the answers, folks.

I thought the basic idea of the last episode was good, but it was very weakly executed. There was no obvious purpose served by the whole kidnap/Trip's death plotline. However, I thought that stopping just short of Archer's speech with a dismissive 'I had to learn this in grammar school' was a neat touch, putting things into perspective with the whole ST genre. However, that's really a topic for the ongoing thread, so I'll shut up.

Once again, thanks for the info - I guess that our TV company intercut with scenes from another episode.

9. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    Riker might have had to learn it in grammar school, but I sure didn't and would have like to have heard it.

10. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    If you talk about "The Speech" for a whole episode....Show the speach.
    Horrible episode. Maybe the crying would have helped but I am betting nothing could have helped the last episode except a rewrite.

11. andrew markworthy

I wonder if the lack of the speech was an in-joke. I.e. because the series has been cancelled, this is what you're going to be missing from now on?

12. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott

The only thing that could have helped that episode was a fifth season of "Enterprise".