What's new

a question(...) (1 Viewer)

itai

Stunt Coordinator
hi all
im making myself a dvd, with menus and all, on my mac, and i want it to be seen in the usa, (im in israel, PAL), should i work around NTSC resolution, or the dvd players in america can read a PAL dvd?
thanks!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Most players in the US can't. And if they could, the TV set wouldn't.

Cees

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Actually, most US players CAN output raw PAL, it's just an undocumented feature. 99% of our TVs cannot handle PAL tho.

Chad Parks

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, actually it has NOT been my experience that most US players will output PAL. My old roommate had a front projector and I bought a region 0 PAL disc (a music program DVD). Both my Panasonic and his Sony refused to play the disc (it gave a message that some something like 'This DVD is incompatible with this player'. Neither player would even TRY to play the disc, but it played fine on my unmodded PC DVD-ROM drive. I ended up having to buy a region free player to make the PAL output work (but I wanted one anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal). But it is possible that some of the brands now support it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks