A question to PHILIPS TV owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ahmet Balveren, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Ahmet Balveren

Ahmet Balveren Auditioning

Hello
    I see all you guys are experienced and pro in this stuff. But I am really new to these things so you can find my question a little funny [​IMG] Please excuse me if I'm wasting your time. [​IMG]
    I have a PHILIPS widescreen 32" Dvd-combi television. But I can't find the optimum Sharpness level (for dvd playback). I'd like to know what sharpness level are you using.
    Thank you.

2. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Ahmet, the best advice I can give you is to pick up an Avia disc and run through the calibrations they have on that, it will help you alot. the unfortunate thing is all TV's even ones witht he same model number are different. So one setting will not work for all, if that were the case everyone would get a tv with perfectly acalibrated settings straight out of the box.

if you wqant to save money you might be able to rent an avia disc, but even if you go out and buy it its well worth the investment. I paid 82 canadian for mine, and the difference it made the first time i used it was well worth the money, trust me.