A Question Regarding the Re-release of '24' (R2) on 14/10/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Costin, Sep 27, 2002.

1. James Costin

James Costin Agent

Can anyone tell me if this is the corrected version with all the missing footage from the UK broadcasts put back in? Or will I still have to buy the set and send off for the corrected Discs 4 & 5?

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I believe I've read that it's a mail-in thing, at least until the next run of sets

3. Richard Michael Clark

Richard Michael Clark Second Unit

James - why would there be a re-release if the new set was not going to include the previously cut footage?
    In fact despite Fox claiming to have NOT issued a product recall have you seen a single 24 boxset anywhere in any shop in the last month? I haven't & I've looked!
    If you are in doubt it's probably best to call the dvd dept at Fox (get the number from directory enquires - 2oth cent fox home entertainment) but I bet you anything the re-issue will include the missing bits!
    SO glad I didn't buy this straight away! For once!!!!

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Richard, Fox publically announced they were fixing it, and the new discs just went by the BBFC

5. Christopher D

Christopher D Second Unit

Has anyone who bought this in the good-old colonies tried to exchange their discs? I think I lost the address, and I was also wondering (since it was a freepost address) whether it would work to mail there, and if Fox would exchange them outside R2.

Heck, has anybody in Merry Olde England *received* the new discs yet?

6. Kenneth Vestergaard

Kenneth Vestergaard Stunt Coordinator

I received my copy of the corrected box set from Amazon.co.uk on 23rd of October. They had corrected copies a week earlier than that, but the demand was so significant that mine didn't ship until 21rd of October.

I haven't checked if they do include the missing footage from the last 5 episodes, but I assume so.