What's new

A question for Mr. Belston or Mr Finn (1 Viewer)

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I hope FOX will be using the recent 70MM print elements for "Hello Dolly" which looked spectacular on the big screen at the Egyptian Theater in LA
THere was talk of a documentary made for the DVD release which never saw the light of day. Any chance that will be included?

Are we still getting the Rodgers and Hammerstein collection announced early this year for the UK but which now seems to have fallen off the schedule?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by OliverK /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn#post_3963730
Robert,
I did indeed gather that you meant the opposite, sorry about that.
One of the times I guess where it is better to have English as ones first langauge.
I think the whole 8k for Blu-ray craze started with Baraka that was heavily advertised as being derived from the first ever 8k scan.
Oliver

No problem as I probably should have stated my comment more clearly to avoid any misunderstanding.

Crawdaddy

Kurosawa

Agent
Real Name
David Fyten
John Doe said:
Yes!More noir,please!
And,how about The Abyss and True Lies??
James Cameron is on record as saying The Abyss is definitely coming, but probably not until 2014.

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Gutierrez
Looking forward to Laura! Minor question, but will it contain all its DVD extras, along with the 12-minute "Laura: The Obsession" featurette that was on the R2 DVD?

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Originally Posted by ahollis /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn#post_3963801

Thanks for the wonderful news and I haven't seen you around the forum lately so a sincere welcome back. Looking forward to other bits of information you can let loose and also thanks for those 40's and 30's titles being released on your MOD program.
Thank you. I try to stop in when I can.

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Originally Posted by John Doe /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn#post_3963832
Yes!More noir,please!
And,how about The Abyss and True Lies??
can't announce date yet but on deck, yes.

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn#post_3963607

I can't wait as I think it's one of the best films ever made.

Crawdaddy
yes, we have one of the original posters framed in our lobby.

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Originally Posted by John Doe /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn#post_3963795
Fantastic news Mr.Finn!Laura is such a great movie.A true classic.Hopefully Fox will get around to release other aformentioned titles as well.I'm eager to see a Blu-ray of under-appreciated The King of Comedy.(so many talents involved!).30th Anniversary edition would be teriffic.And I've heard that Thelma Schoonmaker confirmes she's working on a Blu-ray release of it,few months ago (don't quote me on this).
However,thx again for sharing great news about Laura with us!
I'm a huge fan of KING OF COMEDY as well. I'll keep you all informed on that front.

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
Well,let's try my luck...Mr.Finn,any news on these titles:Hot Shots 1&2,Ravenous (1999),and Hill's The Driver?Thx in advance.Btw,looking forward to Laura and The Agony and the Ecstasy.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
A sincere thanks to Mr. Finn for the updates. I agree that Laura is one of the best films in their library and I look forward to seeing it, and any other 30s/40s classics, on Blu.

Question for Mr. Finn....there are indications that the merchandising agreement for the 1966 Batman may lead to the long awaited home video release. Any comments you can make whether those have any validity and, if so, will a BD release be forthcoming?

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Unfortunately press coverage was a bit misleading on that one. There is no correlation with the recent announcement and the show's home video release. I repeat..unfortunately.

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Originally Posted by Oliver Siegel /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn/30#post_3963978
Well,let's try my luck...Mr.Finn,any news on these titles:Hot Shots 1&2,Ravenous (1999),and Hill's The Driver?Thx in advance.Btw,looking forward to Laura and The Agony and the Ecstasy.

Thanks Oliver. Not at the moment..

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
Finn said:
can't announce date yet but on deck, yes.

Thx!Great news!:)One of my most wanted upgrades :)

[/quote]
Finn said:
I'm a huge fan of KING OF COMEDY as well. I'll keep you all informed on that front.

Please do! :cool: Any sufficient info about its eventual BD release would be most welcome!:tu:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Hello, Mr. Finn. I've been a member here for six years but do not believe I ever had the chance to communicate with you in a HTF thread. Thanks for adding to the already impressive roster of industy folk who are willing to field our questions and provide us with answers where possible.
And, of course, I have several, but I'll hold it to one for the moment: I am assuming you have a connection to Fox Entertainment, which now distributes MGM product. Has MGM indicated any desire to release any of the classic AIP Corman/Poe series on Blu-ray through Fox?
Many thanks in advance for any tips or clues about that.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I would lovew LVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING with a good sounding stereo track.
The one Fox always uses for Vid is a dupe that has been badly noise gated.
Just listen to anyof the dvds and then jump to the French language track, which is the original, not noise gated. the difference is night and day.
Luckily, Fox kept the original, untampered tracks.
Theorigianls are on brown mags and the bad dupes are on grey colored mags.
How do I know all this. A freind of mine was once in charge of vid mastering for laserdiscs for Fox.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Dick said:
Has MGM indicated any desire to release any of the classic AIP Corman/Poe series on Blu-ray through Sony?
Along the same lines, is a blu-ray of The Fly in the works from Fox?

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Dick said:
Hello, Mr. Finn. I've been a member here for six years but do not believe I ever had the chance to communicate with you in a HTF thread. Thanks for adding to the already impressive roster of industy folk who are willing to field our questions and provide us with answers where possible.
And, of course, I have several, but I'll hold it to one for the moment: I am assuming you have a connection to Sony Entertainment, which now distributes MGM product. Has MGM indicated any desire to release any of the classic AIP Corman/Poe series on Blu-ray through Sony?
Did you mean Fox, Dick?

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Are any of these titles due for a blu-ray release in the near future from Fox:
WILSON
THE FURY
PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE
SILVER STREAK
LIFEBOAT
FANTASTIC VOYAGE
VON RYAN'S EXPRESS
HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY
Looking forward to the blu-ray releases of both LAURA and AGONY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks