What's new

A question for car audio people. (1 Viewer)

Dan Whalen

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a Clarion DZX-615 (or DXZ, can't remember exactly) CD player in my truck. For a while, probably several months, I didn't use the CD player part of it, just the radio. Here in the last few months I've started listening to CD's again, but there's a problem. The CD player is having problems playing some CD's. It's usually scratched or recorded CD's that are the problem, but sometimes it's brand new ones. It's only about a year and a half old, and when it was new it would play everything, even badly scratched and recorded CD's. Now I'm having trouble listening to anything. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Could the lens could be dirty? If so, is there any way I can clean it? I really don't want to take it out and send it to Clarion to get it looked at, and I've heard that those CD player lens cleaners can scratch the lens. Any thoughts? Or should I just save my money and get a new one (but that would take a while:frowning: )? Thanks for any advice.

Dan

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
It's either a cheap CD player or just needs a cleaning. When my brother bought a Pioneer HU at Best buy they offered to do an "internal cleaning" every year or so if he bought the ESP. We never needed it (and he thankfully didn't get the ESP) but maybe that's something you can look into. I'm not sure how those CD lens cleaner kits work on car CD players but that's also worth a shot.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I used a lens cleaner cd (the kind with the tiny dry brush attached to it) in an Alpine HU for over two years with no problems whatsoever.

Dan Whalen

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys. I think I'll try the lens cleaner after all. It's not a cheap CD player (about $350), so I don't think that's the problem. Thanks again.

Dan

ryan davis

Stunt Coordinator
You wouldnt happen to be getting an error 6 message would you? Clarions had a common problem with there cd players getting that about a year ago. I had a 9675z that did the same thing, played cds but not very often. If a simple cd clean doesnt work, you might want to look into your warrentee and see if you can still send it in to clarion. Another option is to just buy a cd changer and hook that up to it, itd be cheaper...

Dan Whalen

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, Ryan. Error 6. I'll try the CD cleaner and if that doesn't work go from there. Thanks again guys.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks