1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

A Question for 3D Nuts Who Have Given Up 3D

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Johnny Angell, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I got some pairs of generic active glasses that were every bit as good or better than the active glasses that came with my plasma TV. And those generic glasses were rechargeable whereas my "official glasses" had to have the battery disc replaced fairly regularly (if you watched a lot of 3D as I did when I first got the TV).

If you're talking about active glasses, have you gone to Ebay and searched for rechargeable 3D glasses?

Bryan^H and Josh Steinberg like this.
  2. TJPC

TJPC Producer

Terry Carroll
    Amazon still has a bazillion for sale.

3. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

E-Bay has some great prices for active DLP glasses. $15 and cheaper is the right price. I'll give it a try.

4. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    Last month started year 8 for my 80” 3D vizio.
    I have well over 100 3D movies.

How many have I watched last few years? Count in one hand.

I just picked up the T. S. Spivet movie so I’m for sure watching that soon. But

I feel like this tv is on borrowed time as I’m seeing some loss in its ability to provide good black levels.

I expect within the next 12 months I’ll be getting a new tv and will have a ton of 3D discs that I can’t watch anymore.

5. Reed Grele

Reed Grele Screenwriter

Reed Grele
    NEVER giving up on 3D!!!

I'm heavily invested in enough 3D hardware and software to preclude ever having to give up this exciting (now niche, at least for the time being) format!

Until the 4K TV manufacturers come to their senses and reintroduce 3D somewhere along the line (I firmly believe that it has to happen sooner or later) I'll continue to support companies that will release a 3D Blu-ray. Meanwhile, I'm writing letters to the manufacturers complaining about the lack of 4K 3D support and promising to put my money where my mouth is. If enough 3D fanatics do this, it may turn the tide.

One tip to those with dead rechargeable 3D glasses. Buy the ones that have a replaceable battery (if available for your make/model. ) I've had very good luck with those.