What's new

A question about The Searchers on competing formats (1 Viewer)

DeeF

Screenwriter
I own the collector's edition of The Searchers, a beautiful DVD package. I also own the HD DVD of The Searchers, a magnificent way to view the movie. This disk also contains the features found on the recent DVD, including 2 beautiful new documentaries (shown in standard definition only, no surprise). Just to reiterate: I'm very happy with my HD player and disks, so far.

Now I have heard that the BluRay version of The Searchers contains more of the features, because it's a larger capacity disk.

Can anyone confirm this to be true? It might be reason enough for me to buy a BD player -- not to rebuy The Searchers again, but to be certain not to miss out getting the complete package of future releases.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Based on this review,I think it's the same on both formats. Either way, I think the prevailing wind is definitely blowing in BR's direction.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Warner Home Video has a standing policy for bonus features that essentially says that the HD/BD will not have less bonus material than the standard DVD, and that HD and BD bonus features must be identical. This is why the HD titles with the In-Movie Experience have yet to appear on BD.

It's too bad other studios can't also have this same policy (I'm looking at you, Sony, MGM, and Lionsgate!).

JackKay

Second Unit
About the upcoming "The Departed" HD-DVD Combo, will the extras be limited to what the single disk SD has, or will it have what the 2 disk SD has?

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Casey M.
I'm quite sure it has the extras of the two-disc DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks