A question about the PS2 Smackdown game

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Alderson, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

I was browsing through the game section at a store last night and noticed the memory card requirements for this game. The box says about 4000k. Is this true?

2. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

HOLY GOD YES! i bought this thing first day and didn't think twice about the space to save.. anyways i'm going through my card to delete some metal gear 2 saves and i see that i only have about 2000 left on the card. so im like "uhhhhh?" then thats when i found out that that game TAKES ALOT OF SPACE. but if you like wwf and the smackdown series its much worth it.

3. Marvin Richardson

Marvin Richardson Supporting Actor

I'm afraid I have to completely disagree about this being worth it. Smackdown! JBI is perhaps the biggest letdown videogame I have ever purchased. I accepted the bad graphics in the PS1 version, but enjoyed the gameplay to an extent. It still wasn't anywhere near as good as the N64 WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and WWF No Mercy from any standpoint. The graphics in Smackdown! JBI are horrible, especially the hair. The clothes are not animated independent of the bodies either. Good graphics don't make a game, but neither is there any excuse for such poor graphics on a next gen system. Smackdown! JBI is essentially Smackdown! 2 with better resoultion, but not better graphics.