What's new

A question about "The Girl can't help it" (1 Viewer)

Daniel BARBIEUX

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

Although it is not a favourite of mine, I would like to know if the musical "The girl can't help it" includes a real stereo track or a fake one.

I heard a few years ago that the stereophonic track was lost, so I am not sure it is included in the DVD released in 2006.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Hi,

I just had a close listen over headphones. It sounds like the Stereo track (track 1) is actually just a two channel (Left and Right) mono track that has been cleaned up (less hiss), and redirected across both front channels.

Track 2 is a mono track which sounds like it has more hiss, so I guess it is the center channel only signal.

So, I don't think there is a true stereo track on this DVD. Just a restored dual mono, or an original single mono track.

EDIT: I just compared the U.S. version to the Australian DVD which has a much noisier mono track (and a much grainier image). So on those counts the U.S. version wins, but the Australian version has a wonderfully gushing interview with John Waters about the film - favourite quote "In Albania, is anything so bad it's good? Is there camp if you're poor? No. It's a rich person's taste, because it's irony."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks