What's new

A question about ohm's (1 Viewer)

The biggest question that I have for the moment is will the Yamaha rx-v3300 (8 ohms) work with the psb 6t, 10s, 9c speakers (4-6 ohms)?

Thanks, Marty

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
They will work, but the speakers are going to be putting a bigger load on the receiver. It should be fine, but just make sure it doesn't get too hot. And I wouldn't listen for extended periods of time at high volumes, that will put a big stress on the amps.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Doesn't the receiver has a 4/8 ohm switch on the back? If so, you could put it to the 4 ohm position.

Martin.

Joseph_W

Stunt Coordinator
Be careful relying on the 4/8 ohm switch.

The only switch like this I've ever seen on a schematic soley redirected the speakers when both A and B speakers were engaged. If it was set to 4, A and B were placed in series, set to 8, they were in parallel. There was no connection to the amplifier stage of the receiver.

Granted, my experience is limited (and pretty old). If I'm off base, someone please correct me.

Joe

FrantzM

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

I do not know much about the yamaha RX-V3000 but most decent receiver should be fine driving a 4~6 ohms speakers. If the power supply of the receiver is beefy enough it may actually produce more watts, a Sunfire receiver for example would be quite happy with that. PSB speakers are well behaved loads also, you should not have a problem with the yanmaha

Frantz

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks