A question about "Manhattan Murder Mystery" (Spoilers)...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ray H, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Hello.

I just watched Manhattan Murder Mystery a few minutes ago, and I've gotta admit that I'm confused.

Can anyone who has seen the film clear it up for me? What happened with Mr. House and his wife? I guess I missed some crucial moments to the plot since I stepped out a few times to check up on something. I get that Mr. House's wife had a sister who had a heart attack, but what happens from there? They dress her up like Mrs. House (but why did she want to pretend to be dead?) and then someone (Mrs. House?) went around to close her accounts and business or whatever. From there, Mr. House kills his real wife (?) and burns her body. Then he's also got a new girlfriend and apparently slept with the actress and whatnot.

I'm just confused. [​IMG] Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

It's basically what you said. Mrs. House wanted to pretend to be dead so that she could assume the identity of her wealthy sister and get her hands on all of her money. Here's your original paragraph edited:

Mr. House's wife had a sister who had a heart attack. They dress her up like Mrs. House, making it look like Mrs. House died and then the real Mrs. House takes the place of the wealthy sister, moves into a hotel, closes her sisters accounts and liquidates her asssets. Mr. House then kills his wife posing as her sister to get his hands on all the money and burns her body. He's also got a new girlfriend (model/actress) but his assistant was in love with him and broken hearted and wasn't going to let him get away with his scheme. End.

3. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Thanks a lot.

I missed the fact that the sister was wealthy. If you leave that out, it just doesn't make any sense. [​IMG]