What's new

A question about lag and Quake games (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If I'm lagged out--like, I forgot to close my mail program and I get lagged when it does a check ( :rolleyes:)--will that affect other players? Does that cause general lag to everyone?

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
SOmetimes....sometimes when the person lags their character is seen either frozen or they are there and then not there, its like they disappear and then reappear. These things used to be real bad back in the days of Quake 1 and even Quake 2, but since the beautiful netcode that is in Quake 3 it hasn't been much of an issue, but then again since Quake 3 I haven't been on anything lower than 1.5Mbps DSL.

Lag Sucks....if you can get DSL/Cable get it, not only for you but for your fellow gamers.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, the Quake3 code rocks. I avoided playing online after bad times with UT and Q1, but now I'm glad I did.

If that's all lag does--make me freeze or disappear--I'm okay with it. After all, if I'm doing that, I'll likely jet out and find another server. As long as I'm not causing server wide lag, it's okay.

The reason I asked is, it seemed that when my mail was checking, everyone on the server was saying, "Ahh! Why the lag all the sudden?" I think it was a coincidence. I think the server was just laggy, and my mail program just helped me feel the effects stronger. I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks