What's new

A Question about Deep Discount DVD.. (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I am sorry if this belongs in After Hours but I figured that it is software related, anyway my question is are they notorious for late shipping on the free shipping deal?
I ordered Criterion's Straw Dogs along with two other DVD's from them just today but I want to know if I will be waiting for months before I see my order?
This is my first dealings with them.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Free shipping is Media Mail. In my experience, takes anywhere from 3 days to two weeks to get to me. However, they always ship promptly.

Tom June

Agent
I just recently received a dvd from them. It took 10 days to get here. They did ship it promptly though.

DannyS

Second Unit
if you are in the uk watch out. It took 2 months for Armageddon to reach me. and 4 phone calls.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Your package will always leave the DDD facility promptly. It is entirely up to the shipping carrier from that point as to whether you will get your package in 2 days or 10, though. Also, the DDD customer service is top notch in my opinion and will work with you should any issues arise.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I found their timeframes pretty good. Usually 10 days max, and for the low prices, (when I don't want to wait on CH), they're worth the wait.

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
I dont care for them because they say have the lowest total price. That's not true. Last week they wouldn't match 8 Mile at Bestbuy or Circuit City.com at $14.99. Also they once advertised a 10% coupon for repeat customers but never honored it. Their prices aren't that great on most items if you ask me.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I've definitely had 'mixed results' with them. They typically have several items on backorder but also tend to ship most of the backordered items before the posted dates on their website. As far as their prices, they are at or near the best on the web considering there is no sales tax and free shipping. In some instances Costco comes in below them for popular items or select items that aren't advertised but I've settled between the two with the odd special price at BB or CC.

Joel

Kevin Matthews

Stunt Coordinator
No sales tax? At the end of every shopping cart tally that I have filled out with DDD they definitely factor in sales tax, however I am from IL so I am betting that this is why I am taxed....damn.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
Been using them for several years now. Its takes from 6 to 14 days for shipments to arrive.
If the had an order manager like dvdempire they would be damn near perfect.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yeah, DVD Empire is the vendor I usually go through but I keep hearing people here at HTF praise DDD so I thought I would give them a try.

Benn

Stunt Coordinator
Deep Discount DVDs is just about my only source.
Washington has sales tax. DDD charges none. Shipping is free. Returns are free and handled promptly and properly, (No questions). They confirm my order by e-mail and notify me when it is shipped. Their low price and no handling charges are available on single items(not just on multiple item orders or on selected items) They don't bill on advanced/pre-release orders until the item is available and shipped.
I like and trust the outfit.
Occasionally, I'll find a cheaper price on a used one at the local pawn shop.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Actually, they don't seem to bill on anything until it ships. Also, I ordered the new ST-04 from them for $15 something. On it's release they lowered their price to $12 something. I called and they gave me a refund for the difference, no problem.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I use both DVD Empire & DDD. DDD will have the lowest prices on some items but not always. I'll use them if their price is the lowest by, what is for me, a significant amount. What is a significant amount to me? That is a spur of the moment decision usually.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well they arrived Friday the 28th, exactly a week from my finger clicking "send". Not bad, DVD Empire has been faster in the past....but not cheaper. I might just stick with Deep Discount DVD for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks