A question about a coaxial input question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luke_Y, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

In this months (December 2002) "Home Theater" magazine there is a question in the "Letters" section that I don't get.

A subscriber writes that he has enough video inputs and outputs on his receiver but not enough digital audio inputs. He states that he is not using the composite video jacks at all. He then asks; "Does a receiver's composite video connection have enough bandwidth to act as a digital audio (coaxial) switch?".

The reply states; "Technically,yes- assuming you're not trying to use the same receiver to switch signals within itself."

I'm not sure I am following what the subscriber is trying to accomplish. Is he wanting to use a second receivers composite video inputs/output to act as a coaxial switch feeding his primary receiver?

Or is he wanting to use only one receiver, feeding all his coax inputs into the many composite inputs, then loop from the composite out into a coax in?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I don't follow the question nor Mike Wood's reply. Was there more background information in the letter? (Haven't looked at this month's issue.)

3. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

Yeah, I didn't follow either [​IMG] There wasn't any more background info. I wasn't sure what to make of it, someone may have some insight.

4. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

Did anyone else see this Letter and possibly understand?