What's new

A Q for Columbia House DVD Club subscribers (1 Viewer)

RobR

Second Unit
I have a question for those of you who subscribe to Columbia House DVD Club. I checked out the website and was unable to find any Criterion Collection DVDs or selected DVDs such as Basic Instinct SE (unrated version). Does Columbia House carry such DVDs and if so, are they available as part of the enrollment plan? Thanks.

James D

Second Unit
Columbia House does not carry any Criterion titles anymore. At one time they carried 'Armageddon' but so many people were selecting it twice as an enrollment(they have a limit of no more than 2 of the same title for enrollment) and then fulfilling the membership agreement, canceling, then rejoining and doing it all over again. Aparently, some people were selling them on ebay or trying to exchange them at B&M stores. Columbia House couldn't keep up with the demand and ended up dropping the title. They also briefly carried 'Chasing Amy' but that was it for Criterion. As for 'Basic Instinct', they do carry Artisan titles but not all of them. I'm not sure if they have 'Basic Instinct' but your best bet is to go to http://www.columbiahouse.com and click on the DVD Club banner. Type in the title that you are looking for in the search box and if it is available for enrollment, then it will come up. If it does not appear, then you'll have to wait until next Monday because that is when they update their newly available for enrollment list.

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
They have the new Basic Instinct and Total Recall, but they are not yet available for enrollment.

Sam Graves

Stunt Coordinator
The normal time for a disc to show up for enrollment is 3 months from street date. Some Paramount titles take 6 months (The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence just showed up for enrollment).

James D

Second Unit
Basic Instinct and Total Recall Special Editions are now available for enrollment as of today.

RobR

Second Unit
Thanks very much, James.

I now have a tricky question. Will they send you the ice pick case and the baboon's ass case or the newer keepcases?

I'm also wondering the same thing about the corrected DTS version of Jurassic Park.

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
Rob

I just received the Jurassic Park DTS DVD from Columbia House and if someone can remind me what to look for on the disc, I'll post a reply later this evening when I get home from work.

My disc was shipped from Columbia House Canada so I don't know if it would differ from the U.S. counterpart.

RobR

Second Unit
Blaine,

I have no experience with it as I don't own a copy, but I read that the corrected version has PEMC-D2R2 printed on the inner rim of the DVD whereas the defective version is PEMC-D2R1.

Rob

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
Rob

I just checked my copy of Jurassic Park DVD and it is marked PEMC-D2R2. So at least the Canadian Columbia House discs are the corrected versions. You should be able to email Columbia House to find out for sure whether or not the disc they have is also the corrected version. Good luck.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunate thing about Columbia House and Jurassic Park III - got it today, and neither form for the offers is included. What to do?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks