A program that I would love to have :)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Aug 13, 2006.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I hate listening or watching anything commercialized these days. That includes free radio. The songs they play stink, are too often repeated, and the commercials are highly annoying..

I can't escape into XM, becuase now they are airing commercials, as is sirius. Does anyone think there will come a program that will edit out the content you DON'T want?

For FM radio, all I want to hear are my two radio programs, one from 6-10, one from 3-7. I don't want the commercials, I don't want the sappy love song music. Just the comedy/talk. I would love to be able to have a program that somehow selectected only the talk based on the DJ's voices, and edited everything else out, either in real time or 'post production'.

Think it'll ever happen?

Hmm, I think hell just froze over [​IMG].

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

They already have this technology - it's not automatic, but manual, but it does exist. It's called a tape recorder.

3. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    Neil, here in North Texas, we have a great public radio station. That, and the classical (commercial) are the only radio stations I listen to, and that's been enough for me.

Do you have a public radio station in your area?

And, more to the point, what does commercial radio have to do with dating?

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Yeah, I know there's the manual fast forward button, but that's not nearly as acurate as a computer program doing the job for you [​IMG]

5. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

When I lived in Dallas, those weremy stations as well. Now I download NPR podcasts--no commericals.

6. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Perhaps, the first thing you'd have to do is get the broadcast digitalized.. Then there might be programs that might be able to delete the voice sections and leave the music. Although it sounds like what you're recording is voice! at which it would not be that useful...[​IMG]

Jay

7. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

I have XM radio and most of the music channels have no commercials, I think only 4 have commercials and you can blame Clearchannel for that, I had sirius in the past and XM has better sound quality

8. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Oh yeah, it sure will. How much are you prepared to pay for your free and personalized programs? And how?

Cees