What's new

A program that I would love to have :) (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I hate listening or watching anything commercialized these days. That includes free radio. The songs they play stink, are too often repeated, and the commercials are highly annoying..

I can't escape into XM, becuase now they are airing commercials, as is sirius. Does anyone think there will come a program that will edit out the content you DON'T want?

For FM radio, all I want to hear are my two radio programs, one from 6-10, one from 3-7. I don't want the commercials, I don't want the sappy love song music. Just the comedy/talk. I would love to be able to have a program that somehow selectected only the talk based on the DJ's voices, and edited everything else out, either in real time or 'post production'.

Think it'll ever happen?

Hmm, I think hell just froze over :).

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
They already have this technology - it's not automatic, but manual, but it does exist. It's called a tape recorder.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Neil, here in North Texas, we have a great public radio station. That, and the classical (commercial) are the only radio stations I listen to, and that's been enough for me.

Do you have a public radio station in your area?

And, more to the point, what does commercial radio have to do with dating?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Yeah, I know there's the manual fast forward button, but that's not nearly as acurate as a computer program doing the job for you :)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
When I lived in Dallas, those weremy stations as well. Now I download NPR podcasts--no commericals.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Perhaps, the first thing you'd have to do is get the broadcast digitalized.. Then there might be programs that might be able to delete the voice sections and leave the music. Although it sounds like what you're recording is voice! at which it would not be that useful...:)

Jay

E

Eric Kahn

I have XM radio and most of the music channels have no commercials, I think only 4 have commercials and you can blame Clearchannel for that, I had sirius in the past and XM has better sound quality

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Oh yeah, it sure will. How much are you prepared to pay for your free and personalized programs? And how?

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks