What's new

A PRESENT for you!!!: tweaking your filter/boost to your plate amps. (1 Viewer)

A

Anthony_Gomez

The link below is a .cir file for MicroCap (demo version works fine). It is of the KG series amp Xo section. With it, you can toy around to see how you can tweak the boost and rumble filter.
1) download this file:KG circuit ..and rename it with a *.cir extention
2) download the demo verison of MicroCap
evaluation versio
3)load the file
4)tweak if you want to (instructions on circuit for what to tweak)
5)Click Analysis,then AC,then Run.
Do this and you should get a responce curve simulation
Enjoy!
if you have any problems, post here and I will try to help.

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Anthony,

Any other source for the file? Tripod is interfering and claims file is not available for download. TIA.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Tripod is stupid. End of discussion=)

I fixed things to sorta work. try the link again. Right click and save-as. Change the extension to *.cir and it wiill now work.

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Marv,

Excellant spreadsheet! Sure saves me time doing all those calculations. Wish I'd found out about it many moons ago.

Note that the 300-794 (and I expect the Apex Sr./Stryke350) also has this same circuitry for the actively HP filtered line outputs.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
BTW, Adire's LspCAD has support to mess with the plate amp filters. Go to the crossover box and set one of the branches to 2nd order HP. Set both capacitors to 100 nf. The resistors are usually either 56k and 120k or 18k and 180k (the two default configurations).

What kind of active HP filter does the plate amp have? I thought they only highpassed the high level outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks