What's new

A Powerpoint Presentation on OAR (1 Viewer)

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Hello all. I could not find my old thread about my speech on OAR because the search function was down. Anyhow, here are the links to the presentation and speech text. Some instructions: download the presentation and the two .wav sound files into the same directory. Then, run the show and all should work fine. I'm sure you can follow along with the speech text I am including. Here are the links:

Presentation

Sound One

Sound Two

Speaking Outline

Thanks for all your help everyone. Enjoy!

AJG

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Wonderful presentation!

Back in English III (Junior English in high school), I did my term paper on the 1950s boom of widescreen formats. I concluded the powerpoint presentation with stills from widescreen films. Your presentation benifits greatly from format and selection of stills... I have it on my PC now so I can show it to non-belivers.

Video stores should have a computer monitor set up to play a presentation like this non-stop.

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Yeah, it was pretty well recieved. Nearly 300 people were in attendence. I got a good laugh when I talked about how I was baffled as a child hearing Luke say there were sand people but all I saw was Banthas. Also, the Dean of the school of the Arts sat next to me, and after I was done said his favorite Pan and Scan moment was in Lawrence when there was two men talking, and they weren't even on the screen. Yeah, it went really well. Again, thanks for all the help!

AJG

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I'll take a look at it tonight when I am at home. Can't wait to check it out. :)

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Funny story. I was leaving the auditorium and my Visual Comm professor comes up to me and says, "How do you spell lose?" I was like, "Oh no, I mispelled it." I couldn't remember where. That's the first time I mispelled something within Powerpoint like that. Oh well I suppose. Sorry I didn't have your last name Christian, so I just used your HTF Name for credit.

AJG

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I just took a look at it. It was great! Nice job Aaron! Hope you converted every single person watching the speech.

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Ah yes, eighth graders...gotta start teaching the ways of letterboxing young. Thanks for all the great comments.

AJG

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks