What's new

A power question about my Denon AVR-3300 (1 Viewer)

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
I just bought a Monster Power HTS Power Center and I'm wondering where I plug in my receiver. Is the Denon AVR-3300 considered a "high current" component that I would need to plug it into the switched plugs (Amp 1 & 2), or should I just plug it in where it says receiver, which is considered "low current?"
Peace,
DM
------------------
"We all end up dead, the question is how and why."

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
if you've got the space to plug the denon into a high current plug why wouldn't you? I'm not sure you'd hear a difference though either way.
------------------
http://www.attcanada.ca/~itisi

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Andrew,
I want to put the plug in the right place. Technically the 3300 is a receiver, correct? The owner's manual says the Receiver plug is for "low current" components and the Amp 1 & Amp 2 plugs are for "high current" components. That's why I want to know if the 3300 is high current or low current. Make sense?
DM
------------------

Rick P.

Stunt Coordinator
Dave, if Monster Cable doesn't define 'high' or 'low' current in their literature then it probably doesn't matter from an electrical standpoint. However I believe the high current switched receptacles have a time delay, usefull for amplifiers that don't have their own delay relays built-in (probably not too many of those out there anymore, either). Since the 3300 has a built-in output delay you don't need this feature, so use a low current receptacle.
Rick
------------------

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Thank you Rick. That's helpful.
DM
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members