What's new

A Potpourri of SciFi-Fantasy-Horror III (film) (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
novels]. (Too long.) Would someone in the know comment on how well he thinks these might translate to big-budget Hollywood-style film-making? (Mostly) Intact?
Too long? The original three books are ~200 pages each, and are the only truly essential ones.

As to translating them intact, almost certainly not. All three books are collections of short stories originally published in Astounding with only one "character" bridging them. Trying to make a narrative out of them would require massive restructuring (or an anthology-type film, which would be a nifty choice). Second Foundation is basically two long and related stories, and will be much easier to adapt. I believe the previous script came mostly from that third collection.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The short stories of Foundation are all built around a greater plot, so I think it would work as an anthology movie. As for how intact it would be, it'd quite talky as sci-fi epics go. Not sure how well that would work in a movie.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
SciFi Wire: "Film Adapts Asimov's Eternity" [note: link unfindable]

dateline: October 30, 2003 9:00 a.m. ET

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Rex,

Thanks for posting the links.

I love hearing news about more sci-fi/fantasy films in the making. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a few gems among them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks