What's new

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I'd love to see them do a BRD edition of "No Time For Sargents"....Stockdale!!!!!!

Attachments

• 915OiDfG7wL._SX425_.jpg
    915OiDfG7wL._SX425_.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 14

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
3) Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet - the original roadshow theatrical release of this Columbia/Castlerock mammoth effort, glittering with an all-star cast, was presented in breathtaking 70mm. The Blu-ray has been authored from a 35mm reduction print, and looks it. Piggy pink flesh tones, a lack of tonality in the entire color spectrum and a general loss of what should have been razor-sharp fine grain detail and, well - the Blu of Branagh's masterwork looks nothing like it did when it debuted. If ever there was a candidate for a 4K remaster and native 4K reissue, along with an upgrade to standard Blu - this movie is it!

Does Warner actually own the 1996 Hamlet movie? If so, I do hope it does get a remaster from them. Given that it was filmed in 70mm the blu-ray just doesn't look very impressive. It's a powerful adaptation of that rather overwhelming play.

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
Wasn't Kwai in Cinemascope? I never cease to be amazed how these films can be enhanced in 4k. I would think beyond bluray there would be no point.
yes very much so and Kwai looks amazing in 4K thanks to Grover Crisp's meticulous restoration of this Oscar winning epic

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks