a plea for assistance: Austin TWC HD customers with X1

Discussion in 'Home Theater Forum Meets' started by Kevin.K, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Kevin.K

Kevin.K Auditioning

i have this setup and cannot figure out how to get this setup so that the X1 can automatically output the correct images when switching between SD and HD material... i have gone through the wizard several times and can't seem to find the right tweak. i have call SciAtl and TW and they are of no help... please help... thanks btw i have a 4:3 screen and the SA3250HD

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    You mmay have better luck with an answer if you posted this in the Home Theater hardware area

3. Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson Auditioning

I have an X1 and the Pace HD box. I have no problem with either SD or HD content.

Remember that your X1 does not accept 480i into the component (15-pin) input. In my setup, I pass SD channels to the projector over s-video (and switch to the Video input when tuning those channels). I pass HD channels into the 15-pin component input (and switch to the Computer input when tuning those channels).

I've you're using the component-to-s-video breakout cable to pass 480i component signals into the projector, you won't be able to send HD signals through that input. You need to use the 15-pin connector and switch to Computer input to see them.

If this issue isn't what's troubling you, then feel free to elaborate.

4. Kevin.K

Kevin.K Auditioning

well i thought the X1 would automatically adjusts to 4:3 - 16:9 content on the fly, but i guess since this is not an XGA PJ it does not. my buddys LP350 does this but it is XGA. no problem. i still love it.