A PLACE IN THE SUN - any reviews ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Deepak Shenoy, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Deepak Shenoy

Deepak Shenoy Supporting Actor

I have not seen any reviews of this title that is supposed to be coming out today (8/14) from Paramount. Has it been delayed ? (my order has not shipped from DVDEmpire yet). If anyone has managed to get their hands on this disc, please post your impressions.

2. Ellen

Ellen Stunt Coordinator

Ellen
    You must be reading my mind. I came to the forum this afternoon for the express purpose of asking about this DVD.

3. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Second Unit

FYI, my press copies were delayed and I couldn't ship to press on time so I would expect most reviews will be late on this title.

4. Deepak Shenoy

No reviews yet, and DVDEmpire still hasn't shipped my copy ... [​IMG] Wonder what's up with this title ?

5. Kevin Sharp

Kevin Sharp Stunt Coordinator

I got mine through mail order (haven't opened it yet), but I have yet to see it any B&M stores.
    ??

6. Deepak Shenoy

This is very odd. It's been nearly a week since this title came out and still not a single review. In fact there is hardly any mention of this AFI Top 100 classic (which happens to be one of my favorite movies). To make matters worse, I cannot find this disc locally and DVDEmpire (which usually has all titles in stock) inexplicably does not have this title in stock yet. Arrgh !! [​IMG]

7. Roger Mathus

Roger Mathus Supporting Actor

Roger Mathus
    I received my copy of PLACE IN THE SUN from Laser's Edge. Last night I checked it out and my first impression of the transfer is favorable given the age of this film.
    Paramont packaging seems to be a little sloppy of late. On Place in the Sun, the art work is inserted slightly crooked. On Enemy At The Gates, the clear plastic cover is wrinkled due to sloppy application of the three security stickers.