What's new

A PEEK AT DOCTOR DOLITTLE (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Well, then they like you better than they like me... :(

If you ordered through SAE ...

Log in to Your Account (It's on the left hand side of the screen right below "Shopping")and then click on the last option View My Orders ... locate your order ... Click on view order you should see something similar to this:

Order: XXXX...
Date: November 3, 2017 (eg when you PLACED the order)
Shipped via: Media Mail (eg) yours maybe different Media Mail is NOT the default
Tracking Number: XXXXX...

--
For Twilight Time (direct)
Click on My Account or Sign in towards the top and sign in
Then click on VIEW ORDER STATUS

You should see:
Order #XXX..
Order Date: XXX

This order is marked as Shipped

Your Order Contains: ...

---
For Me SAE doesn't send an email advising the order has been SHIPPED ... Only when it is initially received ...

Last edited:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well, it shipped today, First Class and should be here Monday. I wasn't complaining--I also took advantage of the $9.95 sale and I ordered those on a Weds and they got here Monday, Media Mail. Now my house is full of blu-rays to watch--

RetroGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Edwards
My copy arrived today and I immediately had to sample it by watching all of the musical numbers. Fans of this movie will be thrilled, as it looks and sounds spectacular!

On a side note - my partner came in during the "Fabulous Places" number and asked what I was watching. When I told him "Doctor Dolittle," he asked who the woman was and wanted to know if she was Eliza. :wacko: I wish I could say he was joking, but he was being serious. His knowledge of musicals leaves a lot to be desired. :P

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
My copy arrived today and I immediately had to sample it by watching all of the musical numbers. Fans of this movie will be thrilled, as it looks and sounds spectacular!

On a side note - my partner came in during the "Fabulous Places" number and asked what I was watching. When I told him "Doctor Dolittle," he asked who the woman was and wanted to know if she was Eliza. :wacko: I wish I could say he was joking, but he was being serious. His knowledge of musicals leaves a lot to be desired. :P

My partner is the most wonderful person in the world but, yeah, I am in the same boat as you in regards to musicals. SAE says mine will be here Monday. Can't wait!

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I've actually enjoyed the German version. It is a bit beat-up and faded but has beautiful detail and nice packaging. I can't wait to see what this new version looks like. 65mm! Scanned at 8k! Should look like we're looking out a window.

The German version should look like a DVD compared to the new version - I predict that you will be VERY happy :)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I just finished listening to the commentary track, and at the very end Mike Matessino mentions there will be a 2-CD expanded soundtrack release on La La Land Records. Hope that is still happening.

Well La La Land have five catalogue soundtrack releases set for Black Friday (still a mystery as to what they are). Three of them are two CD sets, two sets are limited to 5000 copies & one is 3000 copies, so it could be one of those (if it is, I'd think it's the 3000 set).

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
You might as well play it all out and tell your partner that Anthony Newley is playing Pickering, as well.:3dglasses:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I just finished listening to the commentary track, and at the very end Mike Matessino mentions there will be a 2-CD expanded soundtrack release on La La Land Records. Hope that is still happening.

Will they be doing any other Fox musicals? Perhaps one whose original stage version is running on Broadway now (hint, hint)?

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Will they be doing any other Fox musicals? Perhaps one whose original stage version is running on Broadway now (hint, hint)?
Fox has already got that one, so I wouldn't Bette on it.;)

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
A PEEK AT DOCTOR DOLITTLE
Had the opportunity to check out the new transfer of Doctor Dolittle, coming in November from Twilight Time.[...]I'm raving. This is an amazing transfer - crystal clear, a riot of perfect color and great sound.[...]
Did you mean? A PEEKINGESE AT DOCTOR DOLITTLE;)

P.S. Can't wait for my copy to arrive.:)

P.S.S. Has anyone ever noticed how TT so organically fits within the very name of Dolittle, itself?:thumbs-up-smiley:

P.S.S.S. It's a stretch, but TT also fits into "Sttar!". (hinT-hinT) Yes, I'm seeing a possible pattern here; as they also released "Nicholas & Alexandra", which was yet another flick about a famous TTzar. :cool:

[With no responses from the audience, the Stand-up begins tapping his microphone] "Hey, is this thing on?":rolleyes:

Last edited:

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
I just got through looking at Dr. Dolittle and it is like watching something live. It is so clean, clear and perfect it's quite unbelievable. I still love the German version because it looks like a raw film, but this will probably win awards. It is stunning and hard to believe it's 50 years old. These old 65mm large frame films from the 60s are just beautiful. I enjoyed the commentary with the actual composer and screenplay writer of DR. DOLITTLE, Leslie Bricusse, and Film Music Historian Mike Matessino. It is very informative but they talk about everything other than the actual film most of the time. Leslie Bricusse is 86 but is easy to understand, very informative, and eloquent. Mike Matessino is good but has a mumbling, trailing-off quality in his speaking style and I could barely understand half of what he said. He also keeps criticizing the special effects in this film, but they were Oscar-nominated and I think still quite impressive. Also, the high definition quality here allows you to enjoy the costumes and production design at a whole new level of appreciation. Hats off, once again, Twilight Time!

Last edited:

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Screencaps on the other site look impressive as expected. It looks like there was almost no attempt to sharpen this one to make it look more snappy which I applaud - those who want to sharpen will know where they find the sharpness control on their equipment.

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks