What's new

A PEEK AT DEMON SEED (1 Viewer)

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
No one's been talking about this, so I may as well. I saw Demon Seed back when it came out and for its time it was pretty forward thinking. Now of course it seems a bit dated but only in its technology - its themes are still relevant, very much so. I've only seen it once since, on DVD some time ago and I'm not sure I actually watched it all the way through.

So it was fun to revisit it and I have to say it's very enjoyable still and still very provocative in many ways. Julie Christie is wonderful and Fritz Weaver is, too. The photography by Bill Butler is pure 1970s, and Donald Cammel's direction is terrific - taut and crisp and some of the special effects hold up remarkably well, while others are, of course, a bit dated. Jerry Fielding's score is also really good.

And I'm happy to say that Warners hits it out of the park again - it looks fantastic - there are a huge number of opticals and they, too, look swell. I can't imagine this looking better.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Cary Grant (paraphrased) quote: "Julie, Julie, Julie!"

Really like this film, always have. It's on its way to me now.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
He's probably using bit rates to judge the quality again :wacko:
Is that better or worse than Beaver literally devoting half of his entry on "When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth"'s image quality to simply oggling Victoria Vetri's bust?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks