What's new

A Panny plasma issue...Can anyone help? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I have had my Panny 55" TC-P55UT50 for roughly 10 months. It has, other than ghosting issues with a handful of 3-D movies, been a beautiful set with superb deep blacks and striking colors. I absolutely love it and am saddened by the news that Panasonic is shutting down production on its line.

A few days ago I noticed an anomaly that definitely hadn't been there before. A vertical area about two inches wide on the extreme right side of the picture is incrementally darker than the rest of the screen...it looks like a shadow, and at first I thought it was lighting in the room. Then I thought it might be burn-in, so I ran the anti-retention scroll bar about ten times. It isn't going away. I thought it might be from the magnet in the close-by right front speaker, but I was told that wouldn't affect plasma screens (?).

And it's only obvious when there is a bright, solid-color image on that part of the screen. I don't really see it otherwise (although it is surely there), but it's bugging me now, the way a repetitious noise does once you notice it.

Now I am scrambling to find my sales receipt (where the hell is it?), as it may have to be serviced, which would mean losing it for a week or two -- talk about withdrawal from an addiction!

Has anyone else a comparable experience?

Suggestions welcome, with thanks.

P.S. For those of you who celebrate it, have a safe and satisfying holiday season!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This is a known Panny thing.Things to check first...Ground loopFrequent use of "screen ticker"(like a news channel. Yes those can affect vertical picture)Panny does not consider a faint bar a flaw(neither does Samsung or LG).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks