What's new

"A Nightmare On Elm Street" InfiniFilm DVD coming (1 Viewer)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Man, it's going to be so hard to resist getting this. I'm trying to hold out for an HD release, but who knows how long that will be.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

A 2 disc edition for "Nightmare 2" would be fantastic. Then I think..."Do I really want to subject myself to that?" :)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I'd love to see all the Nightmare films to get this treatment, too. Sure, some are better than others, but I honestly can sit down and enjoy them all.

Even Nightmare 2 and Freddy's Dead.

:)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I may be in the minority here , but in my opinion nightmare 2 is alot better than nightmare4, 5, and freddys dead combined .I would love a 2 disc set for nightmare 2, 3 ,and new nightmare.The others i probably wouldnt buy.Anyway back on topic,looking forward to comments tommorow in this thread, since my nightmare infinifilm wont arrive in greece till next week.Same goes for the chainsaw thread.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I love Part 2 as well - ludicrous and jumbled the script may be, but there's a really creepy vibe to the whole thing (even by Part 3, things were getting seriously campy) and very nicely directed by the ever-underrated Jack Sholder.

Matt Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
I think Nightmare 2 is a bit... odd. The pacing sucks and I'm not a fan of the lead, but I think Freddy's at his most evil in the film. I absolutely love the scene where he comes out of Jesse and kills Grady.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
In my opinion, Dream Warriors (part 3) is the best of all the Nightmare films. I wouldn't consider it campy at all because Freddy was still pretty damn sinister. By part four, he had definately become an anti-hero (much like Jason in Friday the 13th). I have a soft spot for all the Nightmare flicks though.

Matt Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
Halloween's my favorite 'big three' horror film, but Nightmare is definitely my favorite series. Even at its worst it was entertaining.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The original will always be my favorite of the series. I like watching it and pretending that it's 1984 again and that I don't know who this Freddy Krueger person is, by doing that, I can sort of "fool" my brain, so to speak, and look at Freddy the way the characters in the film do...as a dark spectre.

Fred's no laughing matter in the original. :frowning:

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

I agree with this. The worst in the Nightmare series (part 2, if I had to choose) doesn't even come close to approaching the lowest points of the Halloween (H20, Ressurrection) or Friday the 13th (Jason X) series. I've always thought that the Nightmare series as a whole was a cut well above the other horror franchises. None of them ever felt cheap, if that makes any sense. That, and a strong sense of continuity makes the series actually feel like a series. Sure, some entries stick out (Freddy's Revenge and Freddy's Dead) but they don't blatantly contradict or muddy things like the Halloween series did.

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
so does this have all the deleted scenes (wasn't there one where it's revealed that nancy had a brother that freddy killed, further explaining her parents' attitude towards protecting her?) that were on the old elite releases or not?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I dont know if it has all the deleted scenes, some are on the docs on disc 2, and unfortunately from what i read on reviews, theres a couple where you have to watch the movie with the infinifilm option on to view a couple more.I hope the freddy dragging tina on the ceiling deleted scene, is viewable by itself and not on the infinifilm option.Maybe itll be on disc 2 on the docs.

Esten

Supporting Actor
Is the slipcase version available everywhere on all copies for a limited time, or is it a seperate UPC? Fixing to go get mine.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The slipcase has a hole for the UPC to be scanned.

I got my copy from Amazon with the slipcase and saw copies at Best Buy and Borders with the slipcases so I'd say it's available everywhere and probably will be for months.

robGray

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob Gray
The Canadian version Doesn't list the DTS ES track on the back of the packaging. Does anybody from Canada know if the DTS track is on the Canadian Disc?

Esten

Supporting Actor
God, I HATE the paper sleeve. I had to dig through the entire stack of discs til I found one that wasn't damaged.

Then there's those damn stickers.....

Esten

Supporting Actor
Well, it looks like only 1/3, if that, of the deleted scenes are included. I guess they only included the ones they could find the negatives to, since the ones on the LD set were from a workprint.

But there are some new ones and alternate takes that weren't on the LD set, but it sucks they didn't slap everything from the laser on here. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks