What's new

A nice rack (1 Viewer)

Ken[N]

Auditioning
Hello all,

I am in the process of completing my home theater and I was wondering what audio rack/audio tower would you recommend. The only components I am going to have on the rack are VCR, digital cable box, Denon DVD-1600, and Denon AVR-2803. I am looking to get a 4 or 5 shelf audio rack. I am thinking of a price range

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, i say go with a flexy rack as well... cheap, sturdy, and easy to build

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
While I built a Flexy rack, I have since moved on to a much better rack and the difference as far as stability is concerned is huge.

Here is a link of what I just purchased. Flexy racks are cheap that's for sure but I've since moved on and loving it.

Cameron Yee

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Click on "My Gear" in my sig and you can see what I use. Sanus "Accurate" line. You can get the black version (they don't make the Maple anymore) for just over 100.00.

Ken[N]

Auditioning
thanks for reply guys. Scott, every man enjoys a nice rack. I will let you decide which one you want to enjoy. The flexy would be a cool project for me to do. I did not buy those power tools to just feel like a man.....

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
My vote is also for a flexi. I built a 4 (instead of the normal 3) post flexi and I really don't think it could be any sturdier.
I used pre veniered particle board then veniered the edges after cutting them. Then stained, sanded and a couple of quotes of clear. It looks great and is definately very sturdy.

Ken[N]

Auditioning
I can't find any bullnose MDF at HD or lowes. None of the southern cali stores carry bullnose mdf. Anyone in so. cal. know where I can get some? I guess I could just use the regular MDF square edges and perhaps sand them down. But I dont know how good of a sander I am. HD and Lowes did have some particle board bullnose.

Is partcle board a worthy substitute?? What is melanine? There are white treated melanine and untreated. Or should I get the regular MDF and be happy? Anyone in so. cal. know where I can get bullnose MDF? I have tried Ganahal lumber also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alain A.
Recent bookmarks