A new user and denon2802 challenged.........

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by FrankieG, Jul 18, 2002.

1. FrankieG

FrankieG Auditioning

Hi to everyone on here. I would appreciate any advice on how to go about hooking up this receiver. First of all,I wanted a good receiver for my home theater project. A little background.....is that I haven't had a receiver in about 30 years. I have usually stuck with the shelf systems. So I buy this and open the box and the manual...sheesh,what a confusing manual. After taking the first receiver back,because the remote didn't work,then after getting a new remote,the startup screen started acting like the first remote,that isit would let the screen come on for about 2 seconds,then disappear. So the store and I agreed that it was a faulty receiver. I have a Sony 27" tv wega with all these connections on the back and to tell you the truth,I basically understand them to a point,but on the back of the 2802 is the monitor in,then what about the audio? Do I 1.) connect the 3 composite vido/audio cables also to another input on the receiver? And about the dbs tuner?????? I am at a complete loss here. Can anyone offer advice on this. I have read reviews (after) I purchased this receiver and I am somewhat cautious about hooking everything up,because of the "quirky" setup menus that this receiver is suppose to have. After getting bent out of shape with the first receiver and remote,I want to try to do everything the correct way. Are there any manuals etc. on the web that anyone can point me to? I searched the posts here and so far.....? Thanks,FrankieG

2. Louis C

Louis C Supporting Actor

Hi Frankie,
    The 2802 is something I too am going to buy (unless I get really carried away and buy the 3802). I have read that the owner's manual and the remote are considered weak areas for this set, so don't be discouraged - it's not you, and once you become familiar with it, it is an excellent unit.
    I have researched many competing products, and when you consider features, sound and quality - I don't know of ANY other A/V that stacks up against the 3802 or 2802.

3. FrankieG

FrankieG Auditioning

Thanks Louis,yes I know that the video ahs nothing to do with the audio....I just want to hook up everything to the 2802,as I am also a very bad musician,I also want to hook up my computer to this also (because of recording software) and my sound card is the Creative Audigy platinum (but thats another issue). I jsut want everything "centralized" with great sound. Again,thanks.