What's new

A new Trek Fan Collective...Thats great..But??? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Another Trek Fan Collective is coming out...Klingons. Thats great an all. But, how about releasing something that hasn't been. I am speaking of the Animated series. I know it was supposed to be on the schedule and then pulled. And if thats not an option. How about releasing some of your other popular shows cough*Untouchables*cough??

:D

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I am also waiting for the Animated Series to arrive on DVD. I wish it would hurry up already.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Sets are nice for the casual fan but I agree they ned to release the animated series and then move onto stuff that should be out, I Know the Odd Couple is coming, but paramount has alot of other stuff pending, How about more Happy Days, Mission Impossible, etc

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I'd never thought I'd see the Planet Of The Apes cartoon on DVD ever and yet it's out before Star Trek Animated. Something is wrong over there at Paramount.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Does anyone have a listing of the episodes for the Klingon set?

I agree that the animated show needs to be released, but recent news would suggest that Paramount is trying to get it released but there are matters out of its control.

I'd also like to see the 25th anniversary special hosted by Shatner and Nimoy make it to DVD. It was the finest documentary ever made on Trek, IMO, and I'd like to have it on DVD.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
My bet is that there wont be any new commentaries on the Klingon set, just the same old one on Broken Bow.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Paramount needs money obviously if they are doing more sets like this.

The animated series have aged terribly.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
"The animated series have aged terribly"

20 years ago, I was watching this series on some cable channel, and it was bad back then! My room-mate and I (both Trek fans) would make fun of the show, mocking the music, animation and so on.

And y'know what? We still loved it. I would still buy this in a second.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
The Digital Bits says its still coming. Of course i think it is the BEST cartoon from the the 70s despite its flaws.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Well, it did have much better writers than most animated shows of its time, and the voice talents of the original cast are always a pleasure to hear. I like the design of the characters and the animation, although the stillness of the animation (which was Filmation's style at the time) is what most people criticize. Here's hoping The Bits is right! Extras or no, it will be great to have the series on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks