What's new

A new movie with the guys from "American Movie"--almost too strange to believe! (1 Viewer)

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Here are a couple of blurbs:
Boeken's latest film, "Britney Baby — One More Time," is a comedy loosely based on a true story about a television news crew that mistook Benton for the real singer. The movie, which stars real-life filmmakers Mark Borchardt and Mike Schank (of "American Movie" fame) as the reporters, will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, on Sunday.
The full article is here

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Sounds...interesting. That Mike Schank is a trip! Hard to believe it's not an act...

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'll go see it because these guys are hilarious, Mike Schank is an absolute classic. Especially his "drug related story" that has to be one of the funniest things i've ever heard.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Mike Schank also has an acting role in Todd Solondz's upcoming film Storytelling

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
American Movie was a great movie. Far better than the one the "filmmakers" were trying to make (no offense).

I don't know. It's hard to imagine anything coming out as fresh and honest in a follow up movie as it did in American Movie. But, we'll see. I'm willing to check it out.

Not only was Mike Shank a trip. But, Borchardt was quite a character too. You gotta love all those little anecdotes he makes as the "experienced" filmmaker while he's throwing newspapers out the car window at 5 in the morning.

Plus that funny scene where he's writing down the necessary sales figures on the dry erase board. Then wipes them all off (including the one he wanted to save) because only the top one would make enough money for his next project.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks