What's new

a new home theater.... lots of questions! (1 Viewer)

indianpryd45

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
hey all
i have been looking into getting a Home Theater System for quite sometime now. My basement was just recently redone, and i decided that now would be the opportune moment. I called in a guy from Best Buy, after taking a look at the components i wanted. Here they are

Pioneer 50" Flat-Panel Plasma HDTV
Model: PDP-5071HD

Reciever: Either the Denon AVR 2807, or the Denon AVR 3806
Speakers: Definitive Technology- Mythos 2,3,6,7 or 8(cant remember and will update)

an HD dvd player, and a Direct TV Tivo recorder in HD

the guy quoted me about 11,200 including installation and all that, with Financing and no Interest for 2 years, with payments i can make for about 235 per month

would this be a good deal? because i do 100% have to buy from Best Buy, as I really like their services and everything, and the people there are really helpful as well

the most i can spend is 12,000. The LEAST i want to spend is around 7,000.
what would be the best i can do with best buy?

also does this pioneer have the burn-in protection on it for when i play my video games, or is that only for other tvs?
if so, what tv's are they?

could anyone let me know of some good components like i listed above? anything else i should look into?

thank you very much

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It looks like you’re picking some nice gear for your first system. I’m sure you’re getting decent prices on the equipment, since BB is typically competitive, but it would be helpful if you could break out the labor charges so we can see if you’re getting a good deal there.

It’s too bad you didn’t think of this while your basement was under construction. It probably would have been much easier (read cheaper) to do all the cabling at that stage. You might even have been able to run the wiring yourself (maybe with some helpful tips from the people on this or other Forums) and saved the bulk of your labor charges.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

indianpryd45

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
yeah
i need 1080i and 1080p with a pixel shift thing so when i play games it doesnt burn in, same with movies

i need a good tv that is absolutely breathtaking for Movies and my HD directv, and absolutely breathtaking for games

i dont want to spend too much, but if it could stay around the same total price about 11,700 for the whole system, that would be great

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks