A New DTS trailer is coming!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron Garman, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Aaron Garman

Aaron Garman Second Unit

Hello all. I was surfing the forums at Film Tech and a DTS rep who posts there said they are working on a new trailer. She stated that she doesn't know much about it: marketing is keeping it very secret. All I hope is that it is loud, bombastic, and much better than "Sonic Landscape". If you wanna check out the post, just get into the forums at Film-Tech and go to the Film Handler's forum. Unfortunately, the site doesn't allow linking to threads (bummer!).

Aaron James Garman

2. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

I recently read that as well. Interesting news. There was an internet DTS trailer posted a few years ago that never got released to theaters for some odd reason, and I hope this new trailer is along those lines.

I don't mind the DTS "Piano" trailer myself, but I think it should just be used on comedies and dramas. [​IMG]

Jason

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Good news. The piano trailer is the worst and most boring of any trailer. I too hope it's something that hits hard and fills the room with sound.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

4. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

I would love a new trailer. I don't mind the "Piano" trailer either but would love one more in tune with THX and the robot or some of the Dolby trailers. The original flying disc DTS trailer was just a bit too harsh in the sound area IMO.

5. Colin-H

Colin-H Second Unit

I hope it doesn’t use the cheesy “The Digital Experience” script.

6. Aaron Garman

Aaron Garman Second Unit

I'd like to see clips from films that utilized DTS, namely Jurassic Park. Possibly like the THX Jungle demo, except with images and possibly a T-Rex.