What's new

A new Comic Strip Emerges.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Well, not really new, I created it in 1995.
One day, when I was really ticked(Wich is unusual for me), I got the idea for three characters. Mad, Sad, and Happy. Each would act on an extreme emotion based off of their name. Sad really could cry you a river, for example.
In the course of a year, I made up about 300 comic strips, and the characters went through two redesigns. Only problem was, there wasn't really a point to the strip, and no backstory.
So, I put it on the back burner for a while, and just now dragged it out again. I'm using my 3D program to get final character designs and set designs finished, and I've even worked out a backstory for 'em. They live at the Jersey Shore, yet they commute to work in New York Daily, wich should open up lots of story posabilities.
I was just wondering if people here would be so kind as to review one of the earlier comics? These are the original, raw deal, so please excuse the bad art and small/rough spelling, but I'd be interested in another artists opinion ...
Link Removed

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Neil
Why dont you send it in to some newspapers? We get a comic in the SF Chronicle called Sally Forth, I read it to see how unfunny it is every day. I have never laughed! Your comic beats that by a mile.Rhymes with Orange is one of the funnier strips and the drawings are really raw.
BTW why worry about a backstory etc?
Calvin & Hobbes never had that and I still think it's the best comic ever drawn!
Good Luck!
Grant

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm no artist, but I know that's funny! :laugh:
My current fave comics: "Get Fuzzy," "Frazz," and "Foxtrot."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks