What's new

A new Best Buy Preferred Customer Weekend (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Well, they all seemed otherwise occupied today. And when did blueshirts stop wearing blueshirts? There were a bunch of blues, then also a few plainclothes staff. One was wandering the aisles asking if he could help people find stuff. I thought he was just some weirdo at first, but he kept hanging out with other blueshirts so I guess he was staff.

Yep, all seemed to go OK. She scanned Andrea's coupon and my card and no lights started flashing, no claxons whooping, pretty anti-climactic. Of course, I have no idea if she scanned them in the correct order, invoked the correct Best Buy gods, or chanted the right incantations for me to actually get the bonus points, but time will tell. :)

Thanks for sharing, Andrea!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i got one of those renew and get 25,000, points in the mail thursday.

i also only got one set of coupons. usually i get 2.

and now i cant get the posted coupon to prnt because i need b&w ink.:angry:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
For those who used Andrea's coupon - can you log on to your online BBRZ account and see if the coupons for the 2 $5 certs have been generated?

Thanks!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Carlo, it usually takes a couple of weeks for purchases and credits to be reflected online. I'll probably check my account late next week.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, they still haven't cleared the points for my purchases from two weeks ago, let alone my renewal and purchase on Saturday.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I think they're just playing a game with customers. Try to get them to renew (they've been bugging me for a while now) and then offer incentives, but as little as possible at first. I'm due to expire Jul. 31, and had only recieved one offer (I don't remember the details, but it was pretty lame). Today, in the mail, I got my version of Andrea's coupon, and so now I will renew (essentially for free).

It's kind of like airlines trying to bump people. They offer a little, then if there are no takers, they up it little by little.

Kind of sleazy, but there you have it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just went to www.myrewardzone.com and noticed that 450.00 camera i bought 3 months ago
never showed up on the rz.
so i called to get it put on.
now i have to wait 24 hrs for it to show then 30 days for it to count then another 2-3 weeks to get the "reward"

also i see that now you can do this yourself on that website. no need to call.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, I got coupons for this coming weekend, 7/30-8/2

10% off digital cameras, computer accessories, ink/toner

10% off all music/movies/video games/software $19.99 and up.

10% off any digital music peripheral w/Rhapsody starter kit.

10-15% off computer peripherals

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Craig, I thought they've been a little faster reflecting account activity online - like within a day or so.

It just stays at "Pending" now until 30 days have passed (return policy, they don't want to give you a reward cert until you can't return the item(s) anymore).

At least with my online account, things show up relatively quickly...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Carlo, you're absolutely right about them updating the online account quicker. My account does show the purchase I made on Friday as pending. It does not explicitly call out the coupon points - not sure if that's supposed to be separate or would be bundled in with the points earned from the purchase I made the same time I renewed.

My account does show as active through July 2005, so the renewal went through.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
If anyone used the renewal coupon for 25000 points, how quickly was it credited to your account? Also is it correct to charge tax on a reward zone membership?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Any word from those who used Andrea's coupon? I'm going to use it on Saturday when my membership officially expires.

I did get the book w/ the coupons for this weekend though.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

I just checked the email attached to my Reward Zone account and I received the 3 months free offer. In the email it said " In the past year, you have earned $30 in reward certificates. For just $9.99, you'll continue to earn points and rewards for nearly every in-store purchase."

It also says, "This is an exclusive, limited time offer - because we value your membership. And with this special offer, your renewal will pay for itself." Yeah, sure. Wrong offer included for that statement.

My membership ends at the end of August and this coupon expires 8/9/04. I haven't received anything yet in regular mail.

I guess I'll wait for a while for a better offer.

Neil

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just confirmed that the renewal coupon was honored, my bonus points added, and my $10 in certs in the mail.

Thanks Andrea! :)

I did receive a special offer in the mail after my expiration date, but it wasn't as good. It was only for an extra 3 months free.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I just moved, and didn't recieve anything in the mail for a Reward Zone renewal, so I'm afraid my RZ card is dead and I'm going to be off the Preferred Customer list... I feel like Mike and Malcolm... and it feels dirty... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks