A Netflix Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Kissinger, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

I've only been a member for a little over a month or so, but I've already had 4 movies lost in the mail. Two of them I never got, and two of them they never got back. Is there anyone else here that uses this service that has had similar problems?

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Wow...that's pretty bad. I've been a member since Dec, 1999...and I've only had 1 lost in the mail.

3. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

I can't quite understand it. I've had the same address, and have mailed all movies back out the same way. I don't understand what is happening. I've Emailed the service department, asking if there is anything I can do about this problem. It's quite frustrating.

4. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

I've been a member since April 2000, and have lost approximately 7 movies in the mail over that time.
    However, there have been several instances where I will mark something as lost in the mail, and it will suddenly show up a week or two later! [​IMG]
    As for your problems with the mail, it could have something to do with the fact that you are located "somewhere between apathy and ecstasy"!
    [​IMG]

5. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

I've been a member for 2 1/2 years and had about 6 or 7 lost, 4 in the last year. In Sept. my account was suspended for about a month because of too many lost discs, but than magically a disc lost about a year ago appeared and I'm back in business.

6. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Considering the frequency, you might wanna consider your mail carrier/post office - or a neighbor.

7. Tommy_N

Tommy_N Stunt Coordinator

I just noticed this thread. I've been a member for almost three years. This past January I my 1st movie lost in the mail. It happened again 3-4 times over the course of two months this past summer.
    Two weeks ago I got an email saying another disk was lost and they were suspending my account. [​IMG]
    I love Netflix and would hate to get kicked out.
    There are couple of comments and questions I'd like to raise.
    1st Having the companies logo on the envelope tells everyone (mail carriers and handlers) that there is a DVD inside. They might want to use some form of discrete mailing. Of course people would just look at the mailing address, but it might help.
    2nd I'm suppose to report this to the post office. The problem is I don't mail the disks back from the same address. Some times I return them from home, other times I drop them off at the post office and other times at a postal box near my house. So I don't know where the ones that have been lost were sent from.
    3rd - Has anyone noticed that the turn around time varies drastically and has been slower over the last 2-3 months? Over the summer the turn-around time was very rapid for a couple of weeks and now it seems to have slowed. Any else have a similar experience?
    Tom

8. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

Call Netflix about the possible suspension and they will tell you to file a case with the Post Office in your area. Once you get a case number from them, you give it to Netflix and that should keep you from being suspended.

It surprises me that more discs don't get lost using such flimsy packaging. Have you ever seen a first class mail sorting machine?