A Moment of Silence for Westwood Studios

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Graeme Clark, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

EA is shutting down Westwood, one of the most well known PC games studios, to create a new studio in LA which will house some of the current Las Vegas studio staff, most of the Westwood Pacific team (who just finished C&C: Generals) and the current LA studio which is primarily involved in the Medal of Honor franchise.

While EA's games have been a little hit and miss throughout most of their life, the C&C franchise, is to me, the series that got me into RTS games and remains my favorite. While I still hold hope for the series, it's a little sad that the same studio down in Vegas will most likely not be working on it.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...909852,00.html

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

its not sad, looks like they offered a bunch of them to move to LA. More then likely a lot of them didn't want to up root their families. I bet the people who stay behind will form their own studio which I'm sure will have no problems finding a publisher.

Its pretty cool to think that the LA location might employee more people then some of the movie studios it will be located by.

3. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

Too bad about the LA guys moving out of the old Dreamworks Interactive building--that was a cool place to work.

4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

5. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer