What's new

A Modest Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Aaron_Mum

Stunt Coordinator
Don:

I have not heard the 9's. If I had the coin for them I would be thinking about moving to the Studio line for sure.

I do have the CC-370 and I really like it. It is a big sucker and it sounds great, no complaints.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I too would recomment you going to av123.com and look at their subs then call them and ask what they advise. I am sure they will work out the custom thing for you as they now have a Canadian office but its just not up and rolling to take orders yet. But they will take great care of you...

KenLeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
av123.com seems like they only sell Rocket subwoofers. I haven't heard much about this company.

I discovered today that J&R ships to Canada but with UPS and I'm not sure how the customs/brokerage fees would work out. They have good deals but I'm afraid to get hit with those after receiving the item.

Any Canadians ordered from J&R before ? If so, how was it ? My folks are in the U.S. and I could probably get it shipped to them but then I have to wait until March/April when they get back before I get my stuff.

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
UPS has brokerage fees that are outrageous.

"My folks are in the U.S. and I could probably get it shipped to them but then I have to wait until March/April when they get back before I get my stuff. "

It would be well worth the wait if it was me. I only had to deal with the UPS brokerage issue once. Never again.

David

KenLeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I went ahead and ordered the JBL E250P Northridge Series from J&R today. Without even listening to it ! It's going to be a HUGE step up from what I have now and I can't afford an SVS right now, maybe for my next sub. With all the positive reviews about it I'm sure I will be happy (my wife won't be). Also if I didn't like it, I'm sure I could sell it here and probably make a profit. I got it for $249 US delivered no tax. Here at Future Shop they want $550 CAN + 15% tax just for the E150P so I'm sure the E250 is probably $700 CAN or so. I might drop in to Future Shop tonight and have a listen so I can know what I'm in for. Although most subs aren't set-up well at our crappy future shop and half of them are blown.

Only annoying part is that I have to wait till my folks get back before I get it. But it's worth saving $100+ dollars of shipping, customs/brokerage fees.

Have you made a purchase yet Don ?

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Well I recently bought a powered sub for my home system. I was on a very limited budget and after a lot of research decided on the BIC V1220. I ended up buying it off of E-bay new for $195.00 shipped. Now understand that I have never had a powered sub before to compare it to but I have been very impressed with it's performace so far.

Don Scott

Stunt Coordinator
**Have you made a purchase yet Don ? **

No not yet. I'm actually thinking of putting the money I had allocated for the sub toward a new set of towers. I have my eye on paradigm and axiom but I'm not sure yet. I'm going to take my time and do some more research. I've been known to buy on impulse and regret it later. My crappy sony sub will have to do for now.
Ken, that's a good deal you got on the JBL E250P. It's sad how shitty the prices are for gear in Canada. Unless we're buying paradigm we get screwed big time.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
You Canada guys should try AV123.com for speakers and smaller 10" and 12" subs. They are set to open a canadian store but can already ship to it and then to you I guess without the extra fees.... This is what I gather from reading about their new Canada office which is about to open. So you can get your stuff now and not have to pay I just don't think the office is completely finished yet. You can always call them as well and ask. All are fine people and will do right by you with your money....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks