What's new

A Mini-Renaissance (1 Viewer)

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Ever have one of these? One of those little stretches of time when you discover a few albums and all of them are fantastic and you can't stop listening to them over and over?

I've had several of these; as a teen I discovered Peter Gabriel's Security, the Who's Quadrophenia, and Genesis' early catalog all at once. About eight years ago I discovered Joe Jackson's early catalog and Sam Phillips' Cruel Inventions and Martinis and Bikinis. Living in New York I got my hands on Joe Jackson's Heaven and Hell, Rich Mullins' A Liturgy, a Legacy, and a Ragamuffin Band, and Cindy Morgan's The Loving Kind. All of these albums have gone in and out of heavy rotation in my CD and MD players and all of them are very high on my list.

Well, obviously, I'm posting now because I'm in the middle of yet another one. The albums:
  • Jane Siberry - When I Was a Boy
  • Sixpence None the Richer - Divine Discontent
  • Bruce Hornsby - Hot House

These are just three fantastic albums! I can't stop listening to them! I have kind of a long commute these days, so I have a lot of car CD time, and these three are making it easy.

You guys ever experience this phenomenon?

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
I'm talking about those moments when you realize "Wow! This is one of the most amazing albums I've ever heard. This is going to be one of my favorites for all time!" But you realize it about three or four albums all at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks