What's new

A Mighty Wind (2003) (1 Viewer)

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
We have seen this twice and plan to go a third time before it skips out of town. This is one of the few films I've seen where the audience not only spans the age spectrum, but everyone laughs at the same time.

This is my favorite of the Guest films. Each of the three acts has their own distinct personalities which makes the film very well rounded. Some of my favorite moments not already mentioned include Michael McKean's various comments (most of which you miss if you don't listen carefully) while the Folksmen are rehearsing in the house, the candle scene with the Boehners, and Paul Benedict's comments at the beginning of the picture. McKean's rug is a hoot as well.

What really surprised me was how good and endearing the CD soundtrack is. All of the stars do their own singing. Eugene Levy is a very good romantic singer; who would've thunk it?

I really hope this film finds a wider audience. It was #7 last week despite playing in only several hundred theaters nationwide.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I have no idea what this movie is about, but it looks funny to me for some reason. Are there any movies that I might have seen with a similar sense of humor, so I know if I might like it? (note: I've never seen "Best in Show" or "Waiting For Guffman")

It has wacky-looking Saturday Night Live-type characters (which I happen to be a fan of). Is it anything like SNL in terms of humor?

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Is it anything like SNL in terms of humor?
Well, it's like that SNL skit where Martin Short and Harry Shearer are male synchronized swimmers and Christopher Guest is their coach. Otherwise, it's generally more subtle than SNL.

The structure of the film is referred to as "mocumentary" (although Christopher Guest doesn't like to use that term). Some other films which have used this style are This Is Spinal Tap!, Bob Roberts, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Fear of a Black Hat, Zelig, and The Rutles.

Brad

Sarah Temple

Agent
I went to see A Mighty Wind the other night with my friend, and it was just so great. The theater was mostly full of older couples, and everyone of us was laughing the whole time. I think if you haven't seen it, you need to!! Let me hear what you think.

Thanks

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
What were the three catch phrases of Fred Willard? I know there was "Wha happen?" and "I don't think so!" but I can't remember the last one for the life of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks